Tuesday 1 May 2012

My Airbrush




Beven_JC241245_NM1000_2b
Airbrush Script
G’day all.

I’m here today to talk to you about my airbrush. I have an interest in airbrushing and have had for some time. Late last year I went to AirbrushVenturi, in Melbourne, the only airbrush school that VET Certified, and conducted three weeks full time airbrush training. In my video clip is an example of one of my portraits, Audrey Hepburn, I completed whilst conducting my initial training. I believe this portrait demonstrates how much can be achieved with just a small amount of training with an airbrush, from the right teacher.

Initially I began airbrushing because I was interested in automotive airbrushing, such as car murals, skulls, flames and warrior viking women; however, after spending time at Airbrush Venturi, I realised there was much more to airbrushing than just painting naked ladies on car bonnets.

I was introduced to the concept of painting photo realistic portraits, and after seeing some of the examples from the instructors I was amazed at what was possible with an airbrush. After the course I purchased some tools, like my IWATA airbrush that is made in Japan and is of extremely good quality. I have a complete kit with a couple of Badger airbrushes, made in the USA, which are also very high quality; including, compressors and all the equipment one could imagine to enable myself the best chance to produce good artworks. 

I was not at university during my time at Airbrush Venturi, so now I don’t quite have as much free time to practice airbrushing as I did; however, I plan to go back in January next year and do another three weeks training in colour airbrushing. At the moment I do all my portraits in black and white with the use of grey bases.

The airbrush is an excellent tool that enables you to reproduce what you see or imagine onto paper, MDF or canvas. These maybe portraits of people, pets or automotive graphics. In fact before we had computers for graphic design, when an designer or architect completed a concept and needed to visualize it for his client, an airbrush artist would render the image onto a board to be displayed.
I will hopefully continue to improve with this tool, my airbrush, and who knows, one day I might paint something for you.

I’m Sean Beven, thanks for listening.


                          My Object of Significance   
                          Iwata HP-CS Airbrush

Link References
 
(AirBrush Venturi)
Tony Vowles 2012, Airbrush Venturi, Melbourne, viewed 04 may 2012, <http://airbrushventuri.com.au/>

(car murals)
Paul Ypinazar 2012, Facebook, California, viewed 04 May 2012, <http://www.facebook.com/yiposairbrush>

(instructors) 
Paula Kingham 2011, Other Worldly Artistry, Melbourne, viewed 04 May 2012, <http://www.otherworldlyartistry.com/>

(IWATA) 
Zookeeper 2011, ANEST IWATA-MEDEA, INC, Portland OR, viewed 04 May 2012, <http://www.iwata-medea.com/index.php>

(Badger)  
Badger Air-Brush Co 2009, Badger Air-Brush Co, Franklin Park, IL, viewed on 04 May 2012, < http://www.badgerairbrush.com/>


No comments:

Post a Comment